Monday, December 13, 2010

Space A flights and Emergency Leave

A few days ago we were notified that my wife's mom had only a few days left to live.  SO being the weekend and rushing things I was like ok lets get going.  Now I understood I guess that we could get funded until monday because it was the weekend.  So we were going to do the Space A thing.  Now I have not done space A since the mid 90's.  Back then if you were a soldier and you wanted to hang out in another area for a day, week or longer it was a simple process of showing your ID and off you go. 

Different story today you got categories which in our case is good.  But do to security reasons not much can be released on flights until a couple hours if not a few minutes before they do role call.  So its the hurry up and wait mentality.  Now I am ok with this but it can be stressful on others that are not accustomed to the process.  On top of that having people of multi services telling you why are you doing this and not commercial flights.  I understand but you can see on my wife's face that look.

My unit is ready to assist in every way they can and I have every confidence that when and if I need them they can do so.  Gotta remember that its on the Army's schedule not ours.  Over all I am sure we will make it to our family and once there my wife can do her thing and I can work on getting us back.  Until then I will catch up on some reading and learning some Dari.

Regards

PFC Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment