Thursday, December 23, 2010

Me, the Military, and a MAC

Yes I said it a MAC.  Like in Apple.  I have gone and done something I thought would never happen.  I purchased a Mac.  Now I went for the Macbook Pro 13inch screen and it seems nice.  Little weird to get around but am finding it less complicated that I thought it was going to be.

Now Many people who know me are going to be no you didn't.  But yes I did I sold my tablet PC and went with the Mac.  Why well number 1 reason is the battery life.  With a deployment in my future I wanted to make sure that I was not going to go into withdraw with not having computer access to fumble around, watch movies and such.

It was about time its been 3 years since I upgraded and I am going to make myself keep a journal/ blog for the foreseeable future.  I need to be able to get things out rather than forgetting them or bottling them up.

With a battery life of 8+ hours on a single charge it sparked my interest.  And after watching some of the videos on the software I was convinced.  So I went tonight and purchased it.  Now of course I made sure it was ok with the wifey who apparently was thinking of buying it for me since I am such a tight wad and did not want to spend the money at first.  So it happened.

It has not been all roses though.  I bought this band new to only find out that the new ILife 11' did not come installed and if I want I need to upgrade already. Ok its only 7 dollars but the biggest thing is that it is not a download it needs to be shipped and guess what Apple will not ship to a APO.  They wanted me to use some third party solution to have it shipped.   A little of a bugger.

Second thing is I guess I have been a little spoiled with my IPOD touch in thinking this was the MAC world new and improved with fast and easy apps that upgrade easily and automatically.  Nope not yet apparently  I cant go to I tunes store and purchase software for the MAc like I could my touch.  But who knows what the future will have in store.

But it looks good and the more I research I am finding apps and i can't wait to start trying to put some movies together.

Until then we will continue you to blog and see what adventures my and my new macbook can get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment